I hope you all had an amazing Christmas and got to spend time with your family and friends. I know it’s a little bit unusual for me to post on a Tuesday, but since today marks 1 year since I started my blog I thought I’d go back to my first ever blog post and let you guys know if my resolutions for this year were a success or not.
My first ever blog post was called New Year’s Resolutions and when I published it I was just beginning in blogging. I had no idea what I was doing and although I haven’t been blogging for that long, I like to think I’ve improved since my first post.
- Resolution 1 on last year’s list was to eat healthier which is something I’d love to say I’ve done, but I honestly know I haven’t. My diet isn’t super unhealthy but in the last year I haven’t seen much of a difference in my diet. I’ve started eating new and healthier foods but my diet as a whole hasn’t changed that much.
- Resolution 2 last year was to exercise more and this is something I’m happy to say that I’ve done. I go running (not that often but I still do) and I play for a league winning netball team. I’ve noticed an improvement in my fitness and that’s something I’m really proud of.
- Resolution 3 was to do well at school because my time management was terrible. While my time management is still awful, somehow I’ve managed to keep my grades up. My school hold 2 sessions of internal exams each year and in both sessions during 2016 I’ve been the top of the year in at least 1 of my subjects which is something I’m really proud of, but have no idea how I did it.
- Resolution 4 was to surround myself with people who make me happy because I was tired of being bullied and being miserable. During 2016 I made sure that I went out of my way to avoid the people who bring me down and stick with the people who make me happy. I have a bigger and better friend group and I’ve bonded with people over the most unlikely of things.
- Resolution 5 was to stick to my resolutions, and although number 1 may be questionable, overall I think I did ok. I’m happy, I’m healthy and I’m doing well at school. And of course I have you guys. I couldn’t ask for anything else.
Let me know below if you stuck to you resolutions for 2016.
Hope you enjoyed the post.
Until next time,